Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phild Phild is offline

Default Feild Code in Print Preview

When I import information from a database into Word's merge fields the code
shows up in the main document. the F9 trick turns off the code in the main
doc and turns the code on in the print preview.

When the document is printed the code prints just as it shows in the Print
Preview even though the field codes are turned off in the main doc.

I have tried everything that I can Google. The doc prints fine on other PCs
in the office and we are all running the same versions and OSs of software.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Phild,

You can use Alt-F9 to toggle the field code display. To control whether the field codes or their results print, go to
Tools|options|Print and check/uncheck the Field Codes' option, as appropriate.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Phild" wrote in message ...
When I import information from a database into Word's merge fields the code
shows up in the main document. the F9 trick turns off the code in the main
doc and turns the code on in the print preview.

When the document is printed the code prints just as it shows in the Print
Preview even though the field codes are turned off in the main doc.

I have tried everything that I can Google. The doc prints fine on other PCs
in the office and we are all running the same versions and OSs of software.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phild Phild is offline

Tried that doesn't work. I am using 2007 Office on XP.

We have tried everything that we can find. Those are the only two solutions
that we have seen and they both do not work.

"Phild" wrote in message ...
When I import information from a database into Word's merge fields the code
shows up in the main document. the F9 trick turns off the code in the main
doc and turns the code on in the print preview.

When the document is printed the code prints just as it shows in the Print
Preview even though the field codes are turned off in the main doc.

I have tried everything that I can Google. The doc prints fine on other PCs
in the office and we are all running the same versions and OSs of software.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In Word 2007, it is Word Options Advanced Print 'Print field codes
instead of their values' that needs to be unchecked.

"Phild" wrote in message
When I import information from a database into Word's merge fields
the code shows up in the main document. the F9 trick turns off the
code in the main doc and turns the code on in the print preview.

When the document is printed the code prints just as it shows in
the Print Preview even though the field codes are turned off in the
main doc.

I have tried everything that I can Google. The doc prints fine on
other PCs in the office and we are all running the same versions
and OSs of software.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

If you want to send a copy of the document to me at , I will
take a look at it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

In Word 2007, it is Word Options Advanced Print 'Print field codes
instead of their values' that needs to be unchecked.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

"Phild" wrote in message
When I import information from a database into Word's merge fields
the code shows up in the main document. the F9 trick turns off the
code in the main doc and turns the code on in the print preview.

When the document is printed the code prints just as it shows in
the Print Preview even though the field codes are turned off in the
main doc.

I have tried everything that I can Google. The doc prints fine on
other PCs in the office and we are all running the same versions
and OSs of software.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Assuming they are fields and not text representations of them, that could
indicate a corruption of the data key in the registry. Delete or rename the
settings sub key of
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data