tvb68

Default TOC from 2 documents

Hello,
I have to generate a TOC that would include entries from two volumes,
which are in 2 different files. Is there a way to include TOC entries from
Doc2 into a TOC placed in Doc1? I had to split the document because of its
size. Word 2003, WinXP.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Tom

Allabout

Are your documents too big to use in a Master document? If you open your
document you want to contain the TOC and go to outline view you can then add
your second document at the end with the Insert Subdocument facility. You
may now have to change the page numbers in the second document to ensure
they are continuous, so long as you have used the same styles for headings
in both documents you should be able to create a TOC containing both
documents when they are all in the one master document.

Andrea Jones

"tvb68" wrote in message
Hello,
I have to generate a TOC that would include entries from two volumes,
which are in 2 different files. Is there a way to include TOC entries

from
Doc2 into a TOC placed in Doc1? I had to split the document because of

its
size. Word 2003, WinXP.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Tom

Stefan Blom

Note that Word's master document feature is buggy, which is a good
reason to avoid using it. For more, see:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RecoverMasterDocs.htm.

--
Stefan Blom