Mary Gudobba

Default Footers - include text

Our client has asked that the name of the document and some other
information be included in the footer on every page. Unfortunately, this
information is something that has to be manually inserted. I wrote a macro
that inserts part of the language needed and the user has to complete the
rest. What I want to do, is have this information print on every page of
every section, but I don't want a page number on page 1 of section 1, or
most likely on any of the pages of the following sections. I don't want
users to have to manually insert this information more than once. I tried
applying a style to the information on the first page and then tried to
include it in the footer on the second page using the same mergeformat
command I use to put names in the header of a second page of a letter, but
it seems that since the style only appears in the footer, it doesn't work.
Is there an easy way to do this?

Robert M. Franz

Hello Mary

Mary Gudobba wrote:
[...]

A DOCPROPERTY would be my first shot.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Mary Gudobba

DOCPROPERTY seems like it will work, with one problem. One of the things
the client wants is a date. I tried using the create date, because I don't
want it to change every day, but I DO want it to change if I save the
document with a new name. It seems to be keeping the original create date.
I don't want to use a save date, because of the way word asks you if you
want to save changes after you print (we have update field on print turned
on) and I don't want users to be confused and save it again, when all they
did was print it. The documents are large commercial leases and purchase
agreements. Some have as many as 100 pages, and 20 sections.

Mary Gudobba wrote:
[...]

Mary Gudobba

StyleRef doesn't seem to work when the style being referenced only appears
in the footer. Or am I doing something wrong?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or a StyleRef field.

so
all may benefit.

Mary Gudobba wrote:
[...]

jay

Then do a little VBA form that will let the user update the date and
put it in a custom docproperty.
Put the other stuff in another docproperty.
Put fields in the footers to display those docproperties.
You can certainly have a footer without a pagenumber in it!
fairly easy- see the Word MVPs site for all the code samples and links
you'll need for the VBA, etc.

Charles Kenyon

You may be able to construct a series of complex nested fields and save them
as AutoText. See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm
for information on
how to construct a field that will only display on certain pages of a
document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Mary Gudobba wrote:
[...]

I misread your post. I thought the information was somewhere on the first
page (other than in the footer).

"Mary Gudobba" wrote in message
StyleRef doesn't seem to work when the style being referenced only appears
in the footer. Or am I doing something wrong?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or a StyleRef field.

newsgroup
so