KTJ

Default Outline levels & Page Breaks

Im trying to add outline levels to headings in my word document and it
works to certain degree. The only headings that dont dont convert to
outline levels correctly are ones that are at the top of the page with
a page break before them.

For example. I have sub headings that I want to assign as level 2. I
go into Outline view and use the drop down on the outline toolbar to
assign levels to these sub headings. Most of them work fine and a
little cross appears next to them when I assign them to level 2 (which
is what I expect to happen).

but.... as soon as I try to assign level 2 to a heading that has a page
break before it, it looks like it has worked but I get no little cross,
just a minus sign. Word is telling me that the heading is indeed level
2 but the body text underneath it isnt a part of it.

why is this?

Word Heretic

G'day "KTJ" ,

Best bet is to ensure you use styles for your headings, and define
these styles at the appropriate outline level. Easy usage sees the use
of the built-in styles Heading 1-9

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

KTJ reckoned: