Rob

Default Style 'Keep with Next' doesn't appear to work

Hi anyone,

The problem: I have 'Heading 2' formatted text at the bottom of a page
with 'Heading 3' formatted text appearing on the next page (is that a
soft page break?), followed by 'Normal' text paragraphs. I want the
headings to stay together and both Heading 2 and 3 styles are set up
to 'Keep with next'.

Is it possible to format styles (or do something else) to get this to
happen?

Any help appreciated.

Rob

PS I want to send this out to people in my organisation so that they
can 'type-and-go' and the resulting document(s) look right (and don't
get sent back to me fix!!), so I'm loathe to simply put in a hard page
break to solve the issue.

---
Remove the 'spamproofing' text to reply via email

If both Heading 2 and Heading 3 are formatted as "Keep with next" (which
they are by default), then you should be seeing the headings staying with
the following Normal paragraph *unless* you've inserted an empty Normal
paragraph (as a "blank line") between Heading 2 and Heading 3.

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi anyone,

The problem: I have 'Heading 2' formatted text at the bottom of a page
with 'Heading 3' formatted text appearing on the next page (is that a
soft page break?), followed by 'Normal' text paragraphs. I want the
headings to stay together and both Heading 2 and 3 styles are set up
to 'Keep with next'.

Is it possible to format styles (or do something else) to get this to
happen?

Any help appreciated.

Rob

PS I want to send this out to people in my organisation so that they
can 'type-and-go' and the resulting document(s) look right (and don't
get sent back to me fix!!), so I'm loathe to simply put in a hard page
break to solve the issue.

---
Remove the 'spamproofing' text to reply via email

Rob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" made a good point ...
If both Heading 2 and Heading 3 are formatted as "Keep with next" (which
they are by default), then you should be seeing the headings staying with
the following Normal paragraph *unless* you've inserted an empty Normal
paragraph (as a "blank line") between Heading 2 and Heading 3.

Thanks for the (amazingly!) quick reply.

I actually want the 'Heading 2' to drop to the top of the next page so
that it is followed by the 'Heading 3' (which is then followed by
'Normal' text).

If I format both headings as '3' then they stay together at the bottom
of the previous page (as expected), but when they are different ('2'
and '3') then they spread over 2 pages.

---
Remove the 'spamproofing' text to reply via email