Paul

Default Digital Signature

I have a requirement to display a digital signature within
a word document. I know how to insert a digital signature
for the document but is there a way for users to display
the digital signature on the document itself so that when
the document is printed, users can see the digital
signature?

Thank you in advance.

Paul
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Paul

Paul wrote:
I have a requirement to display a digital signature within
a word document. I know how to insert a digital signature
for the document but is there a way for users to display
the digital signature on the document itself so that when
the document is printed, users can see the digital
signature?

Are you referring to a digital signature as a scanned-in picture of a
real-world signature, or as an electronic equivalent (see for instance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signature)?

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Paul

Paul wrote:
I'm looking at the electronic version, not a scanned image
of the signature.

[..]
I have a requirement to display a digital signature
within a word document. I know how to insert a digital
signature for the document but is there a way for users to
display the digital signature on the document itself so that
when the document is printed, users can see the digital
signature?

Hmm, interesting: IIRC, the signature would consist of a bunch of bytes
only?

In any case, there doesn't seem to be a predefined way (read: a field,
for instance) to do what you want. Maybe you need to turn to the .vba
groups to see if they can help you (nothing "longdocs"-specific, in any
case).

Greetinx
Robert
--