Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kentb Kentb is offline

Default Word 2007 Quick Styles

I modified the Normal Style, changing the font, font size, and spacing
following end of paragraph. I want this style to be in effect for the next
paragraph, making it the style after hitting ENTER to force and end of
paragraph.
When modifying the style, the STYLE FOR FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH only shows me
names of Microsoft provided styles, not the new style I have just created. I
did rename it, and it does show in the styles ribbon.
I'm sure I am missing something obvious because this behavior is simply
unacceptable and I sure would have been caught in QA.
Ideas ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Whether you have modified a built-in style or created a new one, the same
style is always the default style for the following paragraph. If you have
modified the Normal style, then, unless you select a different style, the
following style for Normal will be Normal, and it will be as you have
modified it.

"Kentb" wrote in message
I modified the Normal Style, changing the font, font size, and spacing
following end of paragraph. I want this style to be in effect for the

next
paragraph, making it the style after hitting ENTER to force and end of
paragraph.
When modifying the style, the STYLE FOR FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH only shows me
names of Microsoft provided styles, not the new style I have just created.

did rename it, and it does show in the styles ribbon.
I'm sure I am missing something obvious because this behavior is simply
unacceptable and I sure would have been caught in QA.
Ideas ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kentb Kentb is offline

Suzanne,

Thanks for the response. I agree with your logic and believe that is true
in Office 2005 and earlier, but that is not the way Word 2007 is behaving.
If I leave the follow-on style field blank, it defaults to the NORMAL style,
not the one I have modified. Further, the style I have named is not shown in
the list of styles so I cannot put it in the follow-on style field. --- Kent

"Kentb" wrote in message
I modified the Normal Style, changing the font, font size, and spacing
following end of paragraph. I want this style to be in effect for the

next
paragraph, making it the style after hitting ENTER to force and end of
paragraph.
When modifying the style, the STYLE FOR FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH only shows me
names of Microsoft provided styles, not the new style I have just created.

did rename it, and it does show in the styles ribbon.
I'm sure I am missing something obvious because this behavior is simply
unacceptable and I sure would have been caught in QA.
Ideas ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have modified the Normal style (as opposed to creating a new style
based on it), then the modified style is still called Normal.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Whether you have modified a built-in style or created a new one, the

same
style is always the default style for the following paragraph. If you

have
modified the Normal style, then, unless you select a different style,

the
following style for Normal will be Normal, and it will be as you have
modified it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.