Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve R Steve R is offline

Default How may I rearrange the Quick Style set in WORD 2007?

How do I rearrange the styles in my Quick Style set?
For example, I would like to move the "Normal" style to the top most left
square of the Quick Style set. ( I would also like to rearrange other
styles, but one example should suffice).
Thank you.
--
Steve R
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

1. To appear in the Quick Style gallery on the Home tab, a style must be
included in the Quick Style list
2. The Add to Quick Style list check box in the Modify Style dialog box (or
the Create New Style from Formatting dialog box) must be checked for that
style so that it is included in the Quick Style list
3. The order of appearance in the Quick Style gallery on the Home tab of a
style that is included in the Quick Style list (and is not hidden until used)
is determined solely by the priority value assigned to the style
4. If more than one style has the same priority value, the styles with the
same priority value will be sorted alphabetically in the Quick Style gallery;
to get the order you want, you may need to change the priority value of a
style
5. To change the priority value of a style, do the following:
On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click the Styles Dialog Box Launcher
to display the Styles task pane
Click the Manage Styles button (3rd from left) to display the Manage Styles
dialog box
Click the Recommend tab
Select the style
Click Assign Value