Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ray Batig

Default Printing Question

Greetings,

I am using Word 2003. Is there a way to change a setting or something
similar, maybe VB, which would protect a document from being printed? I am
looking for a way to distribute the document in a read only version.

Thanks for your help!

Ray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I know it can be done with a .pdf file and Acrobat but I don't know how you
could do it with a Word doc. (Doesn't mean it can't be done.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Greetings,

I am using Word 2003. Is there a way to change a setting or something
similar, maybe VB, which would protect a document from being printed? I am
looking for a way to distribute the document in a read only version.

Thanks for your help!

Ray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See:

About Information Rights Management

Create content with restricted permission

View content with restricted permission

Ray Batig wrote:

Greetings,

I am using Word 2003. Is there a way to change a setting or something
similar, maybe VB, which would protect a document from being printed? I am
looking for a way to distribute the document in a read only version.

Thanks for your help!

Ray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

If you mean what wou wrote literally, it cannot be done. No matter what
you do, if it can be displayed on-screen, the screen can be captured and
printed as a graphic. Also, the graph can be put through optical
character recognition, a text file created, and the document re-created.

If you simply want to make it difficult to edit/change the document, it
can be saved password-protected. Alternately, it can be created as a
locked PDF or as a graphics file.

http://www.print-driver.com/howto/co...oc_to_tiff.htm for
example.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Ray Batig" wrote in message
hlink.net...
: Greetings,
:
: I am using Word 2003. Is there a way to change a setting or something
: similar, maybe VB, which would protect a document from being printed? I
am
: looking for a way to distribute the document in a read only version.
:
:
: Thanks for your help!
:
: Ray
:
:

Printing a current page in MS Word Trudy Microsoft Word Help 3 July 25th 08 10:13 PM
duplex printing on Xerox Fiery X12 (DocuColor 12) penciline Microsoft Word Help 3 January 29th 06 09:36 PM
Printing question D Page Layout 4 December 4th 05 12:55 PM
Question about header and printing westis Microsoft Word Help 4 October 19th 05 06:09 PM
General Printing Question ben Microsoft Word Help 1 June 22nd 05 09:00 PM