Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lol Lol is offline

Default disapearing macros

We have a template document setup which should load with a macro in providing
a save and exit button. However for some users this macro does not appear.
We cannot see anything consitant between machines to spot what might be
causing this, any ideas?

The momst recent case is on an XP machine with Word 2003 sp2 (small business
version). But it has also occured on a Word 2002 version also.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TG9s?=,

We have a template document setup which should load with a macro in providing
a save and exit button. However for some users this macro does not appear.
We cannot see anything consitant between machines to spot what might be
causing this, any ideas?

The momst recent case is on an XP machine with Word 2003 sp2 (small business
version). But it has also occured on a Word 2002 version also.

Do you mean the macro doesn't appear? Or a toolbar to which the macros are
connected? Is the toolbar listed in the View/Toolbars list?

Or have you added menu commands to Word's standard menus, connected to the
macros?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lol Lol is offline

I believe that we added an option to the File menu using a macro.

Thanks

Lorraine

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?TG9s?=,

We have a template document setup which should load with a macro in providing
a save and exit button. However for some users this macro does not appear.
We cannot see anything consitant between machines to spot what might be
causing this, any ideas?

The momst recent case is on an XP machine with Word 2003 sp2 (small business
version). But it has also occured on a Word 2002 version also.

Do you mean the macro doesn't appear? Or a toolbar to which the macros are
connected? Is the toolbar listed in the View/Toolbars list?

Or have you added menu commands to Word's standard menus, connected to the
macros?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TG9s?=,

I believe that we added an option to the File menu using a macro.

Word has a tendency to remember changes made to menus and toolbars, especially if a
button with a particular caption has explicitly been deleted. Is it possible that
the user once created a menu with the same caption as this entry in the File menu,
then deleted it?

We have a template document setup which should load with a macro in providing
a save and exit button. However for some users this macro does not appear.
We cannot see anything consitant between machines to spot what might be
causing this, any ideas?

The momst recent case is on an XP machine with Word 2003 sp2 (small business
version). But it has also occured on a Word 2002 version also.

Do you mean the macro doesn't appear? Or a toolbar to which the macros are
connected? Is the toolbar listed in the View/Toolbars list?

Or have you added menu commands to Word's standard menus, connected to the
macros?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)