Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
old spice old spice is offline

Default links in word forms

i've created a fillable form with email links and links to existing web
sites. when i protect the form (so it can be filled by the user) the links
don't work. when i unprotect the form, the links work fine. of course, this
is the opposite of what i want. any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AmandaH AmandaH is offline

old spice wrote:
i've created a fillable form with email links and links to existing web
sites. when i protect the form (so it can be filled by the user) the links
don't work. when i unprotect the form, the links work fine. of course, this
is the opposite of what i want. any ideas?

You need to use MarcoButtons for this.

OK you will need a Marco that will activate when you click on the
button. I hope you know some VBA, here is the Marcro you need

Sub FollowLink()
Options.ButtonFieldClicks = 1
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow
End Sub

To create your Marco button
1) Place your cursor where you want the link
2) Insert
3) Field
4) choose MacroButton from the list on the left
5) Write whatever text you want to show in the document, for this i
will use "Test"
6) Click on OK
7) on the test text right click and choose "Toggle field Code", you
should see something like this: {MACROBUTTON AcceptAllChangesInDoc
test}
8) High light "Test"
9) Go to insert
10) HyperLink
11) Put in the Http::// Address that you want, Click OK
12) Replace AcceptAllChangesInDoc with FollowLink (or whatever you
called you Marco)
13) Right click and choose "Toggle field Code" again to change it to
text

This should now work when the Document is protected.

If you have any question just relay here and I will try and pick it up

~Amanda~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarafina sarafina is offline

Hi, I have created the macro followlink per the
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/HLinksInForms.htm
instructions. I can't say that I have done it correctly because I haven't
mamaged to use it sucessfully yet.

When I follow these instructions I do fine until #12. Then when I go into
the insert field and choose macrobutton and change it to the followlink, when
I ok it my document looses the link; text and all. The one I am working on is
an email link.

any assistance in getting on to stage 13 is most appreciated.

Regards,
Sara