Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sparks222 Sparks222 is offline

Default Security Warning comes up and pictures won't print

I keep getting the message "Contains Macros, XML Controls. . .: and it won't
let me print the pictures. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U3BhcmtzMjIy?=,

I keep getting the message "Contains Macros, XML Controls. . .: and it won't
let me print the pictures. What am I doing wrong?

The first thing is providing an inadequate problem description. You need to
provide the version of Word you're using and the EXACT wording of the error
message you're getting, plus describing the exact steps you performed to trigger
the message.

My crystal ball is a bit foggy today, but I'm guessing you're right-clicking a
Word file in the Windows Explorer, choosing Print, and getting a message
triggered by macro security. This would mean you have Office 2002 or 2003. So
open Word, look in Tools/Macro/Security and make sure the setting is at
"Medium".

Note: this warning is for your own protection. If you're not sure the document
is SAFE do NOT let it open and print! Check it with an anti-virus program,
first.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sparks222 Sparks222 is offline

Sorry for the lack of info., but I am obviously new at this. We are using
Word 2003. The Privacy Warning states: "This document contains macro,
Active X controls, XLM Expansion Pack information, or Web Componenets. These
may include personal information that cannot be removed by the 'Remove
personal infomation from the file properties on save' option on the security
tab of the options dialog box on the tools menu". It comes up when we try to
print a brochure that I made for class. There is wording placed over
pictures that I downloaded from online sources. We have lowered the
security. It was checked by the anti-virus program.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?U3BhcmtzMjIy?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U3BhcmtzMjIy?=,

Sorry for the lack of info., but I am obviously new at this. We are using
Word 2003. The Privacy Warning states: "This document contains macro,
Active X controls, XLM Expansion Pack information, or Web Componenets. These
may include personal information that cannot be removed by the 'Remove
personal infomation from the file properties on save' option on the security
tab of the options dialog box on the tools menu". It comes up when we try to
print a brochure that I made for class. There is wording placed over
pictures that I downloaded from online sources. We have lowered the
security. It was checked by the anti-virus program.

It sounds like the problem may come from what you downloaded. These may be
special controls that don't render correctly in Word, or may even be protected.