Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fallmark18 Fallmark18 is offline

Default Unwanted space at bottom of page

I have been working on a document and I am having a problem with excess space
at the bottom of a page. I have a long quote indented twice in my research
paper and for some reason Word is putting the rest of the paragraph, which
should start on the next line, onto the next page. I have not had this
problem in any other part of the paper. I have tried different combinations
of unchecking all the options in the Format - Paragraph - Line and Page Break
menu. If someone could give me an idea how to fix this I would really
appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fallmark18 Fallmark18 is offline

Thanks for the response. I tried all of the suggestions listed and I still
can't get rid of the space. I don't know what's going on with it. Any other
ideas?

-Fallmark18-

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for some of the
considerations.

"Fallmark18" wrote in message
I have been working on a document and I am having a problem with excess

space
at the bottom of a page. I have a long quote indented twice in my research
paper and for some reason Word is putting the rest of the paragraph, which
should start on the next line, onto the next page. I have not had this
problem in any other part of the paper. I have tried different

combinations
of unchecking all the options in the Format - Paragraph - Line and Page

Break
menu. If someone could give me an idea how to fix this I would really
appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Send me the document, if you like, and I'll take a look. Be sure to include
a description of the problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for some of the
considerations.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Fallmark18" wrote in message
I have been working on a document and I am having a problem with

excess
space
at the bottom of a page. I have a long quote indented twice in my

research
paper and for some reason Word is putting the rest of the paragraph,

which
should start on the next line, onto the next page. I have not had this
problem in any other part of the paper. I have tried different

combinations
of unchecking all the options in the Format - Paragraph - Line and

Page
Break
menu. If someone could give me an idea how to fix this I would really
appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fallmark18 Fallmark18 is offline

I really appreciate the offer and all of your help. I played around with it
some more and finally got it to work right. Apparently the formatting of a
text box on the next page was throwing things off. I have never used this
discussion group before but you have definitely made it a worthwhile
experience. Anytime I have a problem in the future I will come here for
advice.

-Fallmark18-

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Ending page numbering Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 7 October 24th 06 06:45 AM
adding headers and footers to a word document PhilB Microsoft Word Help 12 October 10th 06 07:13 PM
Page number restart Laura79 Microsoft Word Help 4 June 21st 06 05:53 AM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Bottom text line of each page has unwanted space that I can not r. tdj Microsoft Word Help 0 March 9th 05 12:13 PM