Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tonyq tonyq is offline

Default various files into one document to include the headers.

please could anyone tell me if the following is possible in word 2003. I wish
to place various documents (word files) into one document,I know you can do
this by this by means of "Insert File",but the files I wish to insert have
there own headers,is it possible to insert and keep the individual headers
--
Regards tonyq
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See the "Preserving section formatting when using Insert + File"
section in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tonyq" wrote in message
please could anyone tell me if the following is possible in word
2003. I wish
to place various documents (word files) into one document,I know you
can do
this by this by means of "Insert File",but the files I wish to
insert have
there own headers,is it possible to insert and keep the individual
headers
--
Regards tonyq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

If you insert section breaks between the inserted documents, each can have
its own headers. However what you end up with is also affected by whether
the documents all use the same styles. Unless the originals are all
similarly styled, trying to combine them with formatting preserved is
usually far more trouble than it's worth.

If you're just trying to create a composite output, a simpler method is to
output each document to PDF, then combine the PDFs using Acrobat.

"tonyq" wrote in message
please could anyone tell me if the following is possible in word 2003. I
wish
to place various documents (word files) into one document,I know you can
do
this by this by means of "Insert File",but the files I wish to insert have
there own headers,is it possible to insert and keep the individual headers
--
Regards tonyq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tonyq tonyq is offline

I have now been able to do what I wanted to do, due to the help,from you all.
My next problem is, I need to start the page numbering on the second page
displaying page one. In short nothing on the first page, page one displaying
on page two, if that makes sense .
--
Regards tonyq

"tonyq" wrote in message
please could anyone tell me if the following is possible in word 2003. I
wish
to place various documents (word files) into one document,I know you can
do
this by this by means of "Insert File",but the files I wish to insert have
there own headers,is it possible to insert and keep the individual headers
--
Regards tonyq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For this specific situation (it won't work in any other), check "Different
first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup (for Section 1 only) and set the
starting number at 0 in the Format Page Number dialog.