Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michele Michele is offline

Default Fixing Table Size

Just wrote an earlier post about creating forms. I created a table and I am
not sure how to disable auto fit or auto size. I merged to one cell - I want
the cell 7 inches wide and 1.5 in. deep. So I set that. But if I tab or keep
typing the cell keeps getting bigger pushing onto the next page which is what
I don't want. I am missing a step somewhere in anchoring the table. The
table is just for a text response so that an applicant can write a brief
reponse paragraph, but I want to limit how far they can go.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Go into Table Table Properties, select the Rows tab, check the box for
Specify Height, enter the height you want, and change "At least" to
"Exactly". That will prevent the cell from expanding downward, even if the
user types more than the cell will hold -- the extra text will just
disappear.

To prevent the Tab key from adding another row, add this macro to the
template (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm).

Sub NextCell()
Beep
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Michele wrote:
Just wrote an earlier post about creating forms. I created a table
and I am not sure how to disable auto fit or auto size. I merged to
one cell - I want the cell 7 inches wide and 1.5 in. deep. So I set
that. But if I tab or keep typing the cell keeps getting bigger
pushing onto the next page which is what I don't want. I am missing a
step somewhere in anchoring the table. The table is just for a text
response so that an applicant can write a brief reponse paragraph,
but I want to limit how far they can go.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michele Michele is offline

Big help! I had done everything else but it still kept getting bigger if I
typed a lot. The "Exactly" thing was it!

Michele wrote:
Just wrote an earlier post about creating forms. I created a table
and I am not sure how to disable auto fit or auto size. I merged to
one cell - I want the cell 7 inches wide and 1.5 in. deep. So I set
that. But if I tab or keep typing the cell keeps getting bigger
pushing onto the next page which is what I don't want. I am missing a
step somewhere in anchoring the table. The table is just for a text
response so that an applicant can write a brief reponse paragraph,
but I want to limit how far they can go.

Table size proeprties not adjusting mdavison Tables 2 November 22nd 06 01:17 PM
Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
Document Styles should be assignable to fonts in Table AutoFormat Natasha A. Tables 5 November 11th 05 05:49 PM
fixing / anchoring a table [email protected] Tables 1 October 16th 05 03:16 PM
Can I freeze the size and format of table cells then type in the . Rudy1 Tables 6 March 23rd 05 02:32 PM