Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew[_2_] Andrew[_2_] is offline

Default how to insert symbol from Mathematica3 collection in Microsfot Equation 3.0

I would like to insert in Microsfot Equation 3.0 (Windows XP, Word
2000/2003)
symbol which is Mathematica3 pallet and which character code (decimal)
is 146
or (hexadecimal) 0092.

I tried the following ways:

1st way:

In MsWord choose menu: insert/symbol/
Then the collection fonts mathematica3, then seventh(7) row and
third(3) column.
Then click the button insert. Then copy symbol to clipboard and
then insert object/Microsfot Equation 3.0 and then paste (e.g. ctr V)
and it does not work I mean any symbol does not appear in Microsfot
Equation 3.0. (:

2nd way:

insert object/Microsfot Equation 3.0, then style/others and then
mathematica3. Then using all the keys from keyboard qwert.... or shift
+qwert...
I can obtain many symbols from the collection mathematica3 but not the
one
I wont from seventh(7) row and third(3) column.

3rd

I tried to use shortkey or Alt+0092 (0092 from numeric keyboard)
and it also does not work

Any solution, suggestion?

TIA

Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 14-Mar-2007, "Andrew" wrote:

I would like to insert in Microsfot Equation 3.0 (Windows XP,
Word 2000/2003) symbol which is Mathematica3 pallet and
which character code (decimal) is 146 or (hexadecimal) 0092.

I tried the following ways: {snip}

3rd way

I tried to use shortkey or Alt+0092 (0092 from numeric
keyboard) and it also does not work

Andrew, you're almost there. Here's what you need to do:

1. At the point in the equation where you want the symbol to go,
click on the Style menu and select Other.

2. Choose the Mathematica 3 font & click OK.

3. Press Alt+0146 on the numeric keypad. It's the decimal you
need, not the hex. Also, you need all 4 characters (0146) if the
symbol you're after is "succeeds or equal to". If you press
Alt+146, without the leading zero, you'll get a "Latin capital
letter L with stroke".

4. Before you continue your equation, click Style Math to
switch back to Math style.

Note that MathType can speed up this process by allowing you to
put this symbol on the MathType toolbar or assign a keyboard
shortcut to it (or both).

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide