jfmoyn

Default why do hyperlinks to files break when saving document?

I am creating a word document with images. I would like to use the images as
hyperlinks to .html files I've created and stored on the PC. when I first
create the link and browse to the file the path looks like this

.../Samples/HTML%20help/sample.html

This will not work, I get the following error

c is not a registered protocol

When I modify the path to read

C:/Samples/HTML%20help/sample.html

the link works correctly.

However, when I save the document, the path reverts to

.../Samples/HTML%20help/sample.html

I'd appreciate any help on resolving this problem. thanks

JFM