docdeano

Default how do i reveal HTML codes in a WORD document?

is there a simple way to reveal HTML codes in a Word document? I need to be
able to see and cut and past the text with the HTML codes that are contolling
the formatting of the text.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Word 2000 and up makes use of HTML/XML internally.
You can see the HTML code in a couple of ways.

1. You can use File=Web Page Preview and in your browser
right click in the document and use View source.

2. You can install the optional VB script editor that
ships with MS Office, from the MS Office choice in Add/Remove
Programs in the Windows control panel. When a Word document
is open you can use Alt+Shift+F11 to bring up the editor.
You can edit the Word document from that point but if it's
code that Word doesn't understand or handles differently then
it may be 'replaced' by Word when you choose to 'refresh' the
document.

3. If it's a .HTM or .HTM file that you open with File=Open
you should also have a 'View Source' menu choice if the
VB Script Editor is installed.

=========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
When copying HTML text document to Word, how do you automatica jeanne Microsoft Word Help 0 April 22nd 05 07:14 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM