maggs

Default My footnotes/endnotes numbers are out of order. How to reset numbe

In my document, the footnotes go from 1, 2, 3, 197, 198, and so on. How can I
reset them so that they are in the right order again? I have tries changing
them from footnotes to endnotes and back again, and cutting and pasting into
a new document, but neither worked. Any ideas?
Anne Troy

Are they really fields? I have seen documents where one user knew how to
properly create footnotes, and another did not... so they fudged it by
creating them manually. You can tell if they're fields by hitting Alt+F9.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/v...osoft_word.htm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com