Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dept56 dept56 is offline

Default How do I change picture of text to text only in word?

I copied a PDF text block as a picture into word. How can I get the text from
the picture that was inserted into the word file. The pdf file will not allow
coping of the text except as a picture and I want to convert the picture in
word back to the text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

dept56 wrote:
I copied a PDF text block as a picture into word. How can I get the
text from the picture that was inserted into the word file. The pdf
file will not allow coping of the text except as a picture and I want
to convert the picture in word back to the text.

If you have any OCR program (such as often comes with a scanner), see if it
will "read" the picture and output text.

But if the author of the PDF disallowed text copying, maybe you shouldn't be
doing this. Do you have permission to use the text for whatever you plan to
do with it?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman