Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cyberdude cyberdude is offline

Default A complex Word document

Hi,

I am going to design a Word document with Word 2003 like this.

The first 3 pages are ordinary. The 4th and 5th pages may need to be
duplicated a number of times depending on the number of customers
given. The differences on these pages lie only on the customers'
names, telephone numbers and addresses etc. The other content is the
same. The 6th page is ordinary and needs not to be duplicated.

How can I design a single document that entertains the above
requirement? Brief ideas and directions are welcomed. Thanks.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

This sounds perfect for a mail merge.
See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH

"cyberdude" wrote:

Hi,

I am going to design a Word document with Word 2003 like this.

The first 3 pages are ordinary. The 4th and 5th pages may need to be
duplicated a number of times depending on the number of customers
given. The differences on these pages lie only on the customers'
names, telephone numbers and addresses etc. The other content is the
same. The 6th page is ordinary and needs not to be duplicated.

How can I design a single document that entertains the above
requirement? Brief ideas and directions are welcomed. Thanks.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On 2$B7n(B16$BF|(B, $B28a(B6$B;~(B16$BJ,(B, DeanH wrote:
This sounds perfect for a mail merge.
Seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH

Thank you for your help.

I have tried mail merge but I found a problem with it.

Mail merge produces a record whenever the
customer's information on pages 4 and 5 is different.
For example, I have John and Tom as my customers,
then mail merge produces 2 records, each of which being
6 pages long. If I merge them to a new document, it will be
12 pages long. However, there are some blank fields in the
2 records. I want the pages with even one
blank field not to be merged and the pages with all-filled fields
merged to the new document. How can I make that? Thank you.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I have come across this before and there is a solution that creates a file
per "merge".
I shall have a look at my files when I get back to work and/or some one here
can point you to the solution.
Regards
DeanH

"cyberdude" wrote:

On 2月16日, 下午6時16分, DeanH wrote:
This sounds perfect for a mail merge.
Seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH

Thank you for your help.

I have tried mail merge but I found a problem with it.

Mail merge produces a record whenever the
customer's information on pages 4 and 5 is different.
For example, I have John and Tom as my customers,
then mail merge produces 2 records, each of which being
6 pages long. If I merge them to a new document, it will be
12 pages long. However, there are some blank fields in the
2 records. I want the pages with even one
blank field not to be merged and the pages with all-filled fields
merged to the new document. How can I make that? Thank you.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

For individual files per customer see:
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
I have used this and it works very well.
For your second query about blank fields not to be merged, etc. I am not
sure, maybe best to ask in the MailMerge newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...merge.fi elds

Hope this helps
DeanH

"cyberdude" wrote:

On 2月16日, 下午6時16分, DeanH wrote:
This sounds perfect for a mail merge.
Seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm
Hope this helps
DeanH

Thank you for your help.

I have tried mail merge but I found a problem with it.

Mail merge produces a record whenever the
customer's information on pages 4 and 5 is different.
For example, I have John and Tom as my customers,
then mail merge produces 2 records, each of which being
6 pages long. If I merge them to a new document, it will be
12 pages long. However, there are some blank fields in the
2 records. I want the pages with even one
blank field not to be merged and the pages with all-filled fields
merged to the new document. How can I make that? Thank you.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Where is the data coming from?

--