Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tiwiism Tiwiism is offline

Default Problem viewing images in outline view

I am using Office 2007 Enterprise edition and when I insert an image into a
blank document and save it as the new file system (.docx) , when I try to
view the doc in outline view, I don't see my images. If I save the same
exact file as a .doc I can see the images just fine in outline view. I don't
even have the "Show Picture Placeholders" option selected.

Please help... this is soooooo annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that Outline and Draft views dont show most objects; this is by design.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tiwiism" wrote in message
I am using Office 2007 Enterprise edition and when I insert an image into a
blank document and save it as the new file system (.docx) , when I try to
view the doc in outline view, I don't see my images. If I save the same
exact file as a .doc I can see the images just fine in outline view. I
don't
even have the "Show Picture Placeholders" option selected.

Please help... this is soooooo annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Tiwiism,

It's sort of a bug, or rather an implmentation shortcoming in Word 2007 where Word is trying to support both older style and newer
style graphic engine objects together.

Inserted pictures are sheathed in a Word 2007 wrapper usually that keeps them from appearing, except as a placeholder, in Outline
and Draft views, even if the pictures are inline with text. When you're using the 'legacy' file formats, such as .DOC, that uses
the older graphic engine picture formats and they do appear, but you lose some of the Office 2007 features until you use Office
Button=Convert to switch the document back to 2007 format.

If you turn on View=Thumbnails the graphics do appear there.

================
"Tiwiism" wrote in message ...
I am using Office 2007 Enterprise edition and when I insert an image into a
blank document and save it as the new file system (.docx) , when I try to
view the doc in outline view, I don't see my images. If I save the same
exact file as a .doc I can see the images just fine in outline view. I don't
even have the "Show Picture Placeholders" option selected.

Please help... this is soooooo annoying.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP