Art K

Default Copy a Word letter complete with headers and footers to Outlook

Anyone know how to copy a Word document that has headers and footers and
paste in the message body of an Outlook email message?

Copying the text is easy but my company stationary has a header with logo,
name, etc. and the footer the email, street address, etc. The whole idea is
to avoid sending an attachment that might be viewed as dangerous.

Thanks

Art
Graham Mayor

The short answer is that you can't and in any case the chances are that the
recipient would have their mail reader set up to view only plain text. The
best way to deal with this is to convert the document to PDF format for
which you will need extra software and attach that. PDF files are considered
safe.

Art K wrote:
Anyone know how to copy a Word document that has headers and footers
and paste in the message body of an Outlook email message?

Copying the text is easy but my company stationary has a header with
logo, name, etc. and the footer the email, street address, etc. The
whole idea is to avoid sending an attachment that might be viewed as
dangerous.

Thanks

Art

jodona50

Hi,
The only way to send a word document with header and footer is to convert it
as a PDF file. The program is called acrobat reader. They have a website
www.adobe.com and you can convert your document to a pdf file for free. Try
it, hope this helps. jodona50

"Art K" wrote:

Anyone know how to copy a Word document that has headers and footers and
paste in the message body of an Outlook email message?

Copying the text is easy but my company stationary has a header with logo,
name, etc. and the footer the email, street address, etc. The whole idea is
to avoid sending an attachment that might be viewed as dangerous.

Thanks

Art

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Copy and paste from adobe acrobat over to micro word

Im Trying to do a copy and paste from adobe to microsoft word and have not
found any tools with adobe to make this transition easy Can ANYBODY help
or perhaps offer another suggestion???. this a resume that i have scanned in
off of the scanner I already tried to use the zoom and measurements with my
hp scanner to see it better unsuccessfull !! Im using a XP pro PC for
the first time!! Does ANYBODY also know another way to get my resume done
with another program but with less typing. Desperate!!!! THANK YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Adobe Acrobat does not do any text recognition. Therefore what you see
in Adobe Acrobat as the scanned resume is in reality a picture. You can
select the picture (there is a picture selection tool on the toolbar)
and copy & paste that into Word, but it is still going to be a picture.
Hence you won't be able to edit it.
If your scanner comes with OCR software (text recognition software),
then you should use that to scan the document and get the text into
Word. You should be able to see in your HP Scanner Software whether it
comes with an OCR package or not.
I have seen computer magazines bundling an older version of OmniPage
(OCR software). You might be able to find a free download of an older
OmniPage version off of the website of some major computer magazine.
I don't know if there is any freeware OCR software, but I do know that
you can get a GPL-licensed OCR software development package (to use it,
you definitely need to be a programmer though).
Quite honestly though, if your scanner doesn't come with OCR software,
you are probably going to get your resume faster into Word by just
typing it up.

Patrick Schmid

"
wrote in message
:

Im Trying to do a copy and paste from adobe to microsoft word and have not
found any tools with adobe to make this transition easy Can ANYBODY help
or perhaps offer another suggestion???. this a resume that i have scanned in
off of the scanner I already tried to use the zoom and measurements with my
hp scanner to see it better unsuccessfull !! Im using a XP pro PC for
the first time!! Does ANYBODY also know another way to get my resume done
with another program but with less typing. Desperate!!!! THANK YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Did you try to select the text and copy it over?

And if it's your resume, why don't you have the electronic copy that was
used to create your resume in the first place?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

" wrote
in message ...
Im Trying to do a copy and paste from adobe to microsoft word and have not
found any tools with adobe to make this transition easy Can ANYBODY
help
or perhaps offer another suggestion???. this a resume that i have scanned
in
off of the scanner I already tried to use the zoom and measurements with
my
hp scanner to see it better unsuccessfull !! Im using a XP pro PC for
the first time!! Does ANYBODY also know another way to get my resume
done
with another program but with less typing. Desperate!!!! THANK YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Probably cuz it's someone else's résumé that he/she is trying to
plagiarize.