Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeA MikeA is offline

Default Word 2000 crashes

I have Office 2000 installed on a Compaq nc6220 laptop with 2 GB of RAM. I am
having frequent problems with Word crashing. I receive the message that Word
has encountered a problem and must close, anything not saved will be lost,
sorry..., etc. I have tried deleting normal.dot and letting Word recreate it
but that does not help. I have reinstalled Office several times without any
difference. The last time I reinstalled Office, the 1st time I opened Word I
got a message that Normal.dot was corrupted. I delleted it and let Word
recreate it, but to no avail.

What frequently triggers the problem is adding or resizing a picture to a
Word document. I am currently tryiing to document an Excel application I
created and i am including lots of scren shots that i reference to in the
narratives. This document crashes very frequesntly but any document with a
picture in it will also crash.

The company will be upgrading to Office 2007 sometime next year, but until
then I am stuck with 2000.

Anyone have any thoughts.

Thanks
--
MikeA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MikeA" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeA MikeA is offline

Thanks for responding. I tried the items in the link and I am still having
the problem. I have also tried recreating this problem on my home computer
and several desktops in the office and I do not have a problem with the
document on any of them. I then tried editing it on another persons laptop
that is a twin to mine and the document also crashes on that laptop.

Could it be a hardware issue rather then software?

MikeA