erik

Default howto search for a word in more than one *.doc (in all the *.doc in a folder)

Hi
I wonder howto search for a word in more than one *.doc; that is search for a word
in all the doc-files in a folder.
Can that be done?
I have tryed to search for a word which I know is in more than one *.doc in
MyDocuments but only one doc was found :-(
which is strange.
I use Word XP/2002

--
erik
Denmark

Luc

Erik,
In Word 2002/2003 there is a button on your standard toolbar, number five
from the left, which will activate a taskpane and let you search after the
same word in different documents. You can also activate the taskpane
directly of course.
Right at the top there is a list op properties, text or property is already
there, choose the third list and type the word you want to search for. Hit
the button add. You can of course limit your search to selected locations or
file types. At the bottom of the taskpane you will find search for choose
whatever folder or type you want.
Now click on search and see what comes up.
Luc

"erik" schreef in bericht
Hi
I wonder howto search for a word in more than one *.doc; that is search

for a word
in all the doc-files in a folder.
Can that be done?
I have tryed to search for a word which I know is in more than one *.doc

in
MyDocuments but only one doc was found :-(
which is strange.
I use Word XP/2002

--
erik
Denmark

erik

Sorry
only one of a lot came up
(it is just a cityname I search fore, nothing special)
how come ????
--
erik
Denmark
"Luc" skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

Luc

Erik,
Difficult to say, it works perfect here. Just tried it with my home town and
Word returns every document with the townname in it.
You can of course follow Suzanne's suggestion and try in Windows.
Luc
"erik" schreef in bericht
"Luc" skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

erik

Yes, sorry not mentioning it, it is Word-search as Luc describe it I'm trying to
use.
How come that it find only one doc ???? I have looked into the subfolders and doc's
to find any reason, but have not found any conclusive

--
erik
Denmark
"erik" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi
I wonder howto search for a word in more than one *.doc; that is search for a word
in all the doc-files in a folder.
Can that be done?
I have tryed to search for a word which I know is in more than one *.doc in
MyDocuments but only one doc was found :-(
which is strange.
I use Word XP/2002

--
erik
Denmark

Lorrie White

Have you tried "Explore?" Right click on the start button. Select search,
files and folders and you'll be given an option on searching something in
the name of the document or the text of the document. Text searches
obviously take longer, but you'll probably find what you are looking for.