Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris-T Chris-T is offline

Default Office stationery as backround and continuation sheet.

Hi All,

I am looking to find out the best way to incorporate our office stationery
as a backround to a template. I wish for the office logo, header, footer and
possible side column to be included in a template for ease of placement of
text, I wish for this to be a guide only and that it should not print by
default but would be possible to print as backround if required. In addition
to this I would also like to predetermine the second, third, etc.
continuation sheets to be of a different backround. Can someone point me in
the right direction. I have good experience with word but do not have to use
on a day to day basis.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is a fairly simple matter to set up a page with a different first page
header and in that first page header insert a graphic (scanned?) of your
letterhead and set its layout property to behind text. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

The graphic will under normal circumstances print. However you can toggle
its display on or off with a macro

Selection.HomeKey wdStory
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
With Selection
.HeaderFooter.Shapes("Picture 1").Select
If .ShapeRange.PictureFormat.Brightness = 1# Then
.ShapeRange.PictureFormat.Brightness = 0.5
Else
.ShapeRange.PictureFormat.Brightness = 1#
End If
End With
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument

In theory at least if you insert just the one graphic, that graphic will be
"Picture 1" and the macro works by toggling the brightness of the image
between 50% (normal) and 100% (white out).

Chris-T wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking to find out the best way to incorporate our office
stationery as a backround to a template. I wish for the office logo,
header, footer and possible side column to be included in a template
for ease of placement of text, I wish for this to be a guide only and
that it should not print by default but would be possible to print as
backround if required. In addition to this I would also like to
predetermine the second, third, etc. continuation sheets to be of a
different backround. Can someone point me in the right direction. I
have good experience with word but do not have to use on a day to day
basis.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Blue Backround in Word JohnLennonLivesOnInMe Page Layout 2 March 15th 07 06:22 AM
backround color Luke Page Layout 2 February 23rd 07 04:02 AM
How do I set up business stationery personalized by office user? Jo-Ann Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 06 05:21 PM
How do I set up a JPEG file as a backround? MaxIBoy New Users 1 December 4th 05 10:36 PM
How do I get rid of a backround image? Zev Microsoft Word Help 2 October 25th 05 10:34 PM