Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tatiana_varena tatiana_varena is offline

Default removing shading in tables

In Word 2003, I downloaded the template Sales Receipt (Blue Gradient). I
want to remove the blue gradient from the 1st table. Is this possible? I've
tried everything I can think of and all the suggestions for removing shading
from tables, backgrounds, text, cells, etc. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It's a picture - and not the easiest to pin down!

Hover your mouse just to the right of the left border of the second (right
hand) cell in the top row - and when it changes to an arrow-headed cross
hair, click it to select the picture - then delete or whatever you want to
do.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"tatiana_varena" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I downloaded the template Sales Receipt (Blue Gradient). I
want to remove the blue gradient from the 1st table. Is this possible?
I've
tried everything I can think of and all the suggestions for removing
shading
from tables, backgrounds, text, cells, etc. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hunguponword hunguponword is offline

typically, removing shading involves simply highlighting the area shaded (you
can use the white arrow as described by Tony, or drag over the shaded text);
accessing the shading and borders window from the format menu or from the
shortcut (rightclick) menu"; selecting the shading tab; and, finally, setting
the shade to white (or no shade) and clicking OK. However, it might be that
the template picture is a mask--an area that has been protected as if
transparent masking tape was applied over it. To check whether the gradient
area has been masked, select/highlight it with the mouse pointer. If a
checkerboard-like array of diamond patterns (or any other unusual-looking
pattern) appears over the highlighted area, or any portion of that area, then
the pattern covered area has had a mask applied to it. This because the
creator did not intend that the graphical appearance be changed. Some photo
editing programs have capabilities for removing masks; you might try loading
the template image into such a photo processing application. For more info on
masks visit

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/abo...l/aamasks1.htm

or search for info in Windows or the Web using search word "mask." Hope this
helps.

"tatiana_varena" wrote:

In Word 2003, I downloaded the template Sales Receipt (Blue Gradient). I
want to remove the blue gradient from the 1st table. Is this possible? I've
tried everything I can think of and all the suggestions for removing shading
from tables, backgrounds, text, cells, etc. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hunguponword hunguponword is offline

Tatania, here's something else I didn't see so far. Assuming you selected the
blue area and opened Borders & Shading (Shading tab)--when you "tried
everything"--and selecting White (no shading) didn't--did you then also check
that Clear was selected in the Style portion of the Shading dialog? Or change
to that setting using the option list (spinner) if it wasn't?