Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nancie Nancie is offline

Default can i add a watermark to a text box only

I want to add a watermark or other format of a washed out image to a text box
only
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The Watermark feature of Word won't work in a text box but there may be
options for getting the effect. It's necessary to know what version of Word
you're using in order to offer the appropriate ones.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/15/08 11:28 AM, in article
, "Nancie"
wrote:

I want to add a watermark or other format of a washed out image to a text box
only

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lise Lise is offline

Hi Bob

I saw your reply to Nancie - I too would love to be able to do this, I'm
using word 2003 so is it possible?
--
Thanks

Lise

wrote:

I want to add a watermark or other format of a washed out image to a text box
only

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, it's possible.

- Right-click the edge of the text box and choose Format Text Box.

- Click the fill color dropdown in the dialog and choose Fill Effects.

- In the next dialog, click the Picture tab and click the Select Picture button.

- Browse to the picture file you want to use and click the Insert button.

- Click OK in the Fill Effects dialog.

- In the Format Text Box dialog, set the Transparency to about 70% for the
washed-out watermark effect.

- Click OK.

--
Regards,