Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SandiK SandiK is offline

Default Validating Drop-Down or Mutually Exclusive Check Boxes

I have a form created that utilizes check boxes to select one of three
options. I was able to create the macro that would allow only one box to be
checked. Is there a way to require that an option is selected before moving
to next field?

I also played around with a drop-down field to accomplish this. How would I
create a 'blank' or 'select one' option that if is not changed to one of the
drop-down items, I will not be able to move to the next field?

Any feedback or guidance is greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U2FuZGlL?=,

I have a form created that utilizes check boxes to select one of three
options. I was able to create the macro that would allow only one box to be
checked. Is there a way to require that an option is selected before moving
to next field?

I also played around with a drop-down field to accomplish this. How would I
create a 'blank' or 'select one' option that if is not changed to one of the
drop-down items, I will not be able to move to the next field?

I assume you got the code you mentioned from word.mvps.org? Check that site for
an article about data validation in forms, as well. If you need help with this
problem after reading that article, post in the word.vba.general newsgroup.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)