Shezageek

Default Find and Replace

I want to find specific text and replace the same text adding two hard
returns. How do I do that? I cannot find the command to do it in the format
or special character box.

In the "Replace with" box, type:

^&^p^p

&p is the code for a paragraph break; ^& is the code for "Find What Text,"
that is, the text you were searching for and found. These codes are
available via the Special button when the insertion point is in the "Replace
with" box.

"Shezageek" wrote in message
I want to find specific text and replace the same text adding two hard
returns. How do I do that? I cannot find the command to do it in the

format
or special character box.

You can equally well add ^p^p to the specific text. For example, if you are
searching for the word "book," then you would put "book" (without the
quotation marks) in the "Find what" box and "book^p^p" (without the
quotation marks) in the "Replace with" box. You may well need to check the
box for "Whole words only," and make sure you don't have "Use wildcards"
checked.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In the "Replace with" box, type:

^&^p^p

^p is the code for a paragraph break; ^& is the code for "Find What

Text,"
that is, the text you were searching for and found. These codes are
available via the Special button when the insertion point is in the

"Replace
with" box.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Shezageek" wrote in message
I want to find specific text and replace the same text adding two hard
returns. How do I do that? I cannot find the command to do it in the

format
or special character box.

Graham Mayor

For further reading on more advanced searches see
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm (though Suzanne's
suggestion is not in fact a wildcard search)

Find and Replace Michael R New Users 11 January 22nd 05 05:31 PM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Formatting Long Documents 1 January 22nd 05 06:21 AM
Find and Replace Locks Up Word Karine Rivet Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 10:01 PM
Find and Replace anomaly BruceM Microsoft Word Help 7 January 18th 05 05:47 PM
find and replace symbols Tewodaj New Users 8 January 11th 05 02:22 AM