Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MichaelGlennBrownJr MichaelGlennBrownJr is offline

Default Duplexing and changing paper trays at the same time

I have been able to get a document with sections in it to print in duplex
mode successfully. I have also been able to successfully switch paper trays.
when I combine the two, however, I cannot get it to print correctly.

In order to get the printing to work, I tried to print the most simple test
I could think of. I printed a four page document (since it was duplexed, it
was a two page print job.)

The first page had one line of text on the front, and was blank on the back
(I inserted a break to next odd page at the end of the front of the first
page.)
The second page was full of text on the front, and had a few lines of text
on the back.

Instead of two pages of paper coming out of the printer, three pages came out.

The first had one line of text, and was blank on the back side.
the second page was blank on the front side, and had a page full of text on
the back side.
The last page had a few lines of text on the front side, and was blank on
the back side.

I think that this is a fault of the odd page break, or of the duplexing
since I have tried it on two different printers - a sharp and an hp and both
of them printed it identically.

If I look at the print preview, it displays four pages being printed (the
front and back of the first page of paper and the front and back of the
second page of paper.) This is what I want to print, but when the print job
comes out of the printer it is not printed in this way.

Now my question: Is there any way cause a document printed in duplex to be
able to switch paper trays properly?

Thanks for your time,

-Mike