Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bushkanaka86 Bushkanaka86 is offline

Default Mail Merge Deletes my form fields

I made a form in Microsoft Word 2003 that is fill-able and need to email the
form out to 183 different organization with personal data from each
organization in their form. For this reason, I created the form, then did a
Mail Merge that had the data I needed. When the merge was complete, all of my
Text Form Fields had been deleted. The blanks are still there but the Text
Form Fields are not. I would like to be able to lock the document so that
they will not be able to type in the question areas but if I lock it without
the text form fields, they can't type anything at all.

I tried locking the document before I did the merge in a hope that it would
keep the form fields there, but Word would not allow me to merge the document
if it was locked. I would really enjoy not having to go through 183 documents
and add form fields in all the spots that got erased. I guess I could go
through 183 copies of the same document and type the data by hand, but I am
really hoping there is a way to get mail merge to put my information in the
document without removing my text form fields.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Set the article €śCombining FormFields and Mail Merge€ť on the following page
of fellow MVP Graham Mayors website:

http://www.gmayor.com/Form_Fields_and_Mail_Merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.