Pressman 360

Default How do I set Word to embed fonts by default?

I have installed the font Helvetica onto my PC to tie in with my corporate
design. I have checked to see if this particular font can be embedded by
right clicking on it and checking to see its embeddability status, it can be
embedded.

Now I wish to use this font as my computers default font, but end up having
to embed it for each Word document I create, not have it happen automatically.

I use Word as my email editor, and would like my emails to retain this
default font as well.

How can I fix this problem?
Ann Scharpf

For Word:

1. Create a new blank document.
2. Go into Format Styles
3. Select the Normal style.
Modify it to be Helvetica and whatever point size you desire.
4. Check the "Add to template" box and click OK.

All of your new documents based on the Normal.dot template will then use
Helvetica as the standard font.

As far as I know, you have to set the default font separately for Outlook
even if Word is your mail editor.

1. Click Tools Options
2. Select Mail format
3. Click the Fonts button
You can select default fonts for composing, replying and plain text
(which is mail you receive from sources external to your Outlook server)