Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah Adkins Deborah Adkins is offline

Default Table of Authorities

When doing a TOA in a legal brief, the final look of the TOA should have the
case name on one line, then the book info on the next with an indent followed
by the dot leaders and page number. In WP I was able to format this when I
marked the text. I am unable to do it in Word. If I do a return in the
Selected Text box to separate the two sections, often there is a large gap
between the Smith v Jones (Smith v Jones). I don't know where to
format this to make it so the case name and page info don't appear on the
same line. I was told this could only be done maunally after the table
generated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, MVP Dawn Crosier, MVP is offline

Inside the TOA field, you need to put a Shift+ Enter in-between the case and
the citation.

What you should see is something like:

{TA \l "Smith vs. Jones, (shift+enter)
251 F3.d 1238, 1240 (10th Cir. 2006)" \s "Smith vs. Jones" \c 1 }

When you turn off your show/hide the funnily spaced out text will disappear.
When you regenerate your cases, you will see appropriately formatted
citations.

I go into more detail about the Table of Authorities he

I realize that it is a membership listing, but I believe that you will find
membership very worthwhile due to the tutorials which are offered.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.