Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Earl

Default Linking multiple access tables in one word document

Can I link multiple tables in one word document? (The table are from the same
access file)

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Earl

I guess I should add... other than a query

"Earl" wrote:

Can I link multiple tables in one word document? (The table are from the same
access file)

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hi Earl -

You can create as many separate links in a Word doc as you need to as many
different _files_ as necessary, but AFAIK you can't link to an Access table
or query as it is content _within_ a file. IOW, you can link to the dbf, but
you can't link directly to objects within it.

You can, however, choose from at least 3 other options:

1- Create Reports in Access & output as Word docs using the Office Links
feature (despite the name of the feature, though, the output is not 'linked'
to the Access Report Object or its record source),

2- Output the Access data as an Excel file and link to it (this results in a
dynamic link to the Excel file, but the Excel file is _not_ linked to the
Access data),

3- Use Excel to query or link to the Access data, then create a link in Word
to the Excel file (this gives the ability to keep the Word content current,
but I'm sure you can appreciate that it is also the most fragile of these
options).

HTH |:)