Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] brad@didi.com is offline

Default E-mail option for mail merge missing

Dear all:

I am running Microsoft Word 2002 on Windows XP and am trying
to merge to e-mail, but when I start the Merge Wizard (by invoking
Tools-Letters and Mailings-Mail Merge Wizard...) I get only four
radio-button choices: Letters, Envelopes, Labels, and Directory.

All the documentation I find says there should be an e-mail choice
there too, and when I added the Merge Toolbar at the top I see a
"Merge to E-mail" button--but it's disabled.

I use Eudora (MAPI compliant, and I enabled it) as a mail program.

What should I do to enable it? Or, if this is the wrong place to post
the question, please kindly tell this groups newbie where to post.

A reply to my e-mail address is fine--better, in fact, unless the
question is of general interest.

Kind Regards,
Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] brad@didi.com is offline

Ah, I didn't know my e-mail address would be partially
hidden, but I assume most of you can guess the three
letters the ellipsis replaces...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See if the following article helps:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all:

I am running Microsoft Word 2002 on Windows XP and am trying
to merge to e-mail, but when I start the Merge Wizard (by invoking
Tools-Letters and Mailings-Mail Merge Wizard...) I get only four
radio-button choices: Letters, Envelopes, Labels, and Directory.

All the documentation I find says there should be an e-mail choice
there too, and when I added the Merge Toolbar at the top I see a
"Merge to E-mail" button--but it's disabled.

I use Eudora (MAPI compliant, and I enabled it) as a mail program.

What should I do to enable it? Or, if this is the wrong place to post
the question, please kindly tell this groups newbie where to post.

A reply to my e-mail address is fine--better, in fact, unless the
question is of general interest.

Kind Regards,
Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] brad@didi.com is offline

Eureka!

Peter: you're the best--and so quick!

It worked fine. I wonder why this didn't come
up in my Google searches--surely many have
this problem?

I will be using the merge to send my friends
a holiday gift/card of the 2007 calendar you
see at http://ie.origamipartners.net. I would
be pleased to give you one: just e-mail me
your own e-mail & I'll put you on that list.

Best Regards,
Brad

Peter Jamieson wrote:
See if the following article helps:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It worked fine. I wonder why this didn't come
up in my Google searches--surely many have
this problem?

Thanks for the feedback. Google probably hasn't indexed that page yet (I
don't generally put much effort into metatagging etc.)

Peter Jamieson

ups.com...