Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mminch mminch is offline

Default Captions in Appendix

When I enter a caption into the appendix. For example, Table A-1, the tables
throughout my document all change to Table A-1. I do have a section break
and my appendix is Heading 7. Any solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You need a separate caption label for the appendixes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mminch" wrote in message
When I enter a caption into the appendix. For example, Table A-1, the
tables
throughout my document all change to Table A-1. I do have a section break
and my appendix is Heading 7. Any solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_88_] Henk57[_88_] is offline

Based on the concept Shauna describes I usually make the same caption
label preceded by a space. If the caption style is center-aligned this
space will not be noticed, and it looks identical as the usual without
a trailing space. If you have a left-aligned caption style you can
remove the space, or center-align it and return to left aligned - then
amazingly Word removes it for you.
HTH, Henk

Stefan Blom;2397828 Wrote:
You need a separate caption label for the appendixes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mminch" wrote in message
...-
When I enter a caption into the appendix. For example, Table A-1, the
tables
throughout my document all change to Table A-1. I do have a section
break
and my appendix is Heading 7. Any solutions?-

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This sounds like a useful tip. The trick is to choose the correct label when
creating a table of figures. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom;2397828 Wrote:
You need a separate caption label for the appendixes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mminch" wrote in message
...-
When I enter a caption into the appendix. For example, Table A-1, the
tables
throughout my document all change to Table A-1. I do have a section
break
and my appendix is Heading 7. Any solutions?-

--
Henk57

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_90_] Henk57[_90_] is offline

Yes, Stefan. You need to make two separate ToFs and List of Tables if
you decide to have them both included. This makes Ctrl-A F9 a bit more
cumbersome (you have to confirm the right update option for every
table), but so far that's the only "disadvantage" I found. Of course
you can also xref to these space-preceding captions. Although a side
issue, another nice trick is to insert a tab after the caption ref nr:
this ensures the ToF and LoT have the caption titles nicely vertically
lined.
Henk

Stefan Blom;2401817 Wrote:
This sounds like a useful tip. The trick is to choose the correct label
when
creating a table of figures. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

...-

Stefan Blom;2397828 Wrote:-
You need a separate caption label for the appendixes. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP