Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default No of pages shows page no in footnote

No of pages (total no) in footnote shows page number.
I use following format No of page / Total no of pages and result is as
follows:
1/1 2/2 3/3 ...
Is this a bug? How can I solve this?
Word 2000, Windows XP
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Just to add that, in the monitor it shows corectly (like 1/5 if I have 5
pages) but in the print it becomes (1/1)
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Khoshravan" wrote:

No of pages (total no) in footnote shows page number.
I use following format No of page / Total no of pages and result is as
follows:
1/1 2/2 3/3 ...
Is this a bug? How can I solve this?
Word 2000, Windows XP
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
No of pages shows page no in footnote

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emad Dean Hajian Emad Dean Hajian is offline

Hi Khoshravan,

You need to insert page number and number of pages (total pages) to the
footer. In the menue bar go View Headers and Footers or double click on the
footer, Word will display a pop-up, hover over the icons, one is the Page
number and the other is the number of pages. You can also format the page
numbering in the popup the Toggle Code is {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES}. If you get a
printing error like Page 2 of 2, and Page 3 of 3, go to the menu bar File
Print Preview, go to the end of your document then print.

Good Luck,
Dean
--
Emad Dean Hajian
Technical Writer

"Khoshravan" wrote:

No of pages (total no) in footnote shows page number.
I use following format No of page / Total no of pages and result is as
follows:
1/1 2/2 3/3 ...
Is this a bug? How can I solve this?
Word 2000, Windows XP
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
No of pages shows page no in footnote

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emad Dean Hajian Emad Dean Hajian is offline

Just read your second entry about the printing error. This is a bug, to get
the printing right go to File Print Preview and go to the end of your doc
this will allow your PC to load the whole document then print, I know it is
silly but it is a good work around. This will fix the printing problem.

Cheers,
Dean
--
Emad Dean Hajian
Technical Writer

"Khoshravan" wrote:

No of pages (total no) in footnote shows page number.
I use following format No of page / Total no of pages and result is as
follows:
1/1 2/2 3/3 ...
Is this a bug? How can I solve this?
Word 2000, Windows XP
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
No of pages shows page no in footnote

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note also that there is a known bug with the NUMPAGES field; for more
information, see:

"Page X of Y" gives wrong numbers
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote:

No of pages (total no) in footnote shows page number.
I use following format No of page / Total no of pages and result

is as
follows:
1/1 2/2 3/3 ...
Is this a bug? How can I solve this?
Word 2000, Windows XP
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
No of pages shows page no in footnote

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

will try your solution
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Khoshravan" wrote:

No of pages (total no) in footnote shows page number.
I use following format No of page / Total no of pages and result is as
follows:
1/1 2/2 3/3 ...
Is this a bug? How can I solve this?
Word 2000, Windows XP
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
No of pages shows page no in footnote

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

There is a bug in Word that is different in different versions (including
different SRs).
See http://www.addbalance.com/word/pagexofy.htm or
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm for information on Page
X of Y problems. You may also want to take a look at:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. If it applies
you may also want to look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm.

--