Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anita H. Anita H. is offline

Default Word 2002 paste PDF as picture (or object) shows icon, not file?

Hi folks, not sure if this is a Word issue or an Adobe one, but appreciate
your thoughts!

In Word 2002, I want to paste an Adobe PDF as a picture, so I can shrink it
a bit and have it print within the document. No need to edit it within Word.
I am doing so from Adobe Acrobat 5.0, (all permissions for the file are
checked, no security on), "copy file to Clipboard" then in Word, Paste
Special, choosing 'as picture'.

What I get is a bitmap of the PDF icon and the text 'Acrobat Document',
within the usual picture frame, with sizing boxes in corners and rotate tool
above.

If I choose to Paste Special "as object" the only option is Acrobat 7.0 (I
have only 5.0) and after a somewhat longer pause, I get the same result: the
icon and 'Acrobat Document' below.

But I can't see my actual file! Can't find any options under Format Picture
(or Format Object) that seem helpful. Help please?

Anita