Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Emily Emily is offline

Default How to remove image attachments

I use word mail merge to send out e-newsletter.

There are 7 images inserted on the word file, and they are all attached
automatically somehow when I send out newsletter using mail merge function.

Does anybody know how to get rid of or hide those attachments??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Because HTML cannot actually contain images (it only references them), when
you create an HTML format e-mail that contains images, the e-mail is
constructed using the MIME standard and consists of several "parts.", The
main HTML part references all the other ones. However, if the receiving
email client software does not understand the parts (and even if it does) it
may present the various parts as attachments. I wonder if that is what is
happening in this case?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Emily" wrote in message
I use word mail merge to send out e-newsletter.

There are 7 images inserted on the word file, and they are all attached
automatically somehow when I send out newsletter using mail merge
function.

Does anybody know how to get rid of or hide those attachments??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Emily Emily is offline

I don't know how it happens.

Do you suggest any solutions??

"Emily" wrote in message
I use word mail merge to send out e-newsletter.

There are 7 images inserted on the word file, and they are all attached
automatically somehow when I send out newsletter using mail merge
function.

Does anybody know how to get rid of or hide those attachments??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't know how it happens.

Do you suggest any solutions??

I have already made some suggestions. Please try to understand them, and do
not simply throw the problem back at people who are trying to help you.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Emily" wrote in message
I use word mail merge to send out e-newsletter.

There are 7 images inserted on the word file, and they are all attached
automatically somehow when I send out newsletter using mail merge
function.

Does anybody know how to get rid of or hide those attachments??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve Steve is offline

Emily,

Did you ever get an actual answer on this as i have the very same problem.
What i have found is that if i email at work another person within the same
email system its fine, the attachments are hidden but if the email goes
external, thats when the recipient sees the attachments. The same is true for
incomming emails so i know its not the client as such, on my work laptop i
sent to mail shots from exactly the same word document, one internal, one
external, the internal one looks great, the external one is slightly
different, the attachments are back and the text has lost that 'soft focus'
effect.

Steve

"Emily" wrote in message
I use word mail merge to send out e-newsletter.

There are 7 images inserted on the word file, and they are all attached
automatically somehow when I send out newsletter using mail merge
function.

Does anybody know how to get rid of or hide those attachments??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't know if Emily got an answer, but...

1. If you are using Outlook/Exchange (you don't say) then...
a. it is possible that Outlook is doing different things to your
outgoing emails depending on the recipient (e.g. if your workplace uses
Exchange Server, it may use a different delivery format on a
per-recipient basis). `til now I would have discounted this on the
grounds that if you sent an HTML format email, Outlook would send the
same email to every recipient. But perhaps that is incorrect.
b. as I understand it, Exchange tends to transform incoming emails
prior to delivery to Outlook clients, i.e. once the email has reached
Outlook, you can no longer dicover what the original MIME format email
that was delivered to Exchange contained. But I'm not completely sure
about that.

2. If you know how to look at the "source code" of the email, then it
may be worth extracting the source that was delivered to you via your
workplace, and outside your workplace, and comparing the two.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk