Ward

Default One File, Multiple Documents

How do I parse a merged document into multiple files? That is, after the
mail merge is completed, I want each recipient parsed or extracted from the
Word document and inserted into a new document. For example, where I have a
merged document with 10 recipients, I want Joe Smith's letter placed into a
new document without the other 9 recipients and then I want to do the same
for the remaining 9 documents. Adobe Acrobat has an option for creating a
single PDF from multiple documents - I wont to do the opposite. Microsoft
ha an article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299837 which details a
hack job for what I want to do. But, it wont work for me because it is too
labor intensive for our firm and limited resources.

Charles Kenyon

See http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ward" wrote in message
How do I parse a merged document into multiple files? That is, after the
mail merge is completed, I want each recipient parsed or extracted from
the
Word document and inserted into a new document. For example, where I have
merged document with 10 recipients, I want Joe Smith's letter placed into
new document without the other 9 recipients and then I want to do the same
for the remaining 9 documents. Adobe Acrobat has an option for creating a
single PDF from multiple documents - I won't to do the opposite.
Microsoft
ha an article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299837 which details a
hack job for what I want to do. But, it won't work for me because it is
too
labor intensive for our firm and limited resources.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aleisha Mollen Aleisha Mollen is offline

Graham,

I don't get the pop-up box asking if I want separate documents. What do I do
then?

Ward wrote:
How do I parse a merged document into multiple files? That is, after
the mail merge is completed, I want each recipient parsed or
extracted from the Word document and inserted into a new document.
For example, where I have a merged document with 10 recipients, I
want Joe Smith's letter placed into a new document without the other
9 recipients and then I want to do the same for the remaining 9
documents. Adobe Acrobat has an option for creating a single PDF
from multiple documents - I won't to do the opposite. Microsoft ha
an article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299837 which details
a hack job for what I want to do. But, it won't work for me because
it is too labor intensive for our firm and limited resources.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you executing the merge to a new document? Did you start Word from the
Start menu and not by double clicking on a document on the desktop or in
Windows Explorer? Do you have Word set to be the e-mail editor in Outlook?
If so, you need to start Word prior to starting Outlook.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP