Microsoft Word Open Alphabetical

Default list of files in alphbetical order when opening a file?

How can I set the list of files in alphbetical order when opening a word
document?
Richard Neville

Do you mean the list in the Open menu? If so, go to that menu and click the
arrow to the left of the word Tools. Select List, which will alphabetize the
documents.

"Microsoft Word Open Alphabetical" Microsoft Word Open
wrote in message
How can I set the list of files in alphbetical order when opening a word
document?

1. In the File Open dialog, if you are not already in Details view, switch
to it by choosing Details from the Views menu or by right-clicking and
choosing View | Details.

2. Click on the Name header to sort by that column. Click again if desired
to reverse the sort.

3. Return to your default view if other than Details.