Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Fisher Rick Fisher is offline

Default using outlook contacts for mailmerge source add field problem

I want to use more fields from Contacts file but Word 2007 keeps showing me
the same subset I previously used.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Start the merge from Outlook.
See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rick Fisher" Rick wrote in message
I want to use more fields from Contacts file but Word 2007 keeps showing me
the same subset I previously used.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rick Fisher[_2_] Rick Fisher[_2_] is offline

That is a useful web site, thanks. The solution to my problem was to start a
dummy label definition using keyed input with a dummy record. This reset
Word's source so that the next time I selected Contacts it went there again
and got the current fields. Incidentally, Word uses the fields in the View
currently displayed in Outlook. Wierd.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Start the merge from Outlook.
See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rick Fisher" Rick wrote in message
I want to use more fields from Contacts file but Word 2007 keeps showing me
the same subset I previously used.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you re-attach the data source from The Word end, it will start again with
the full list of contacts. If you start from Outlook, you can use your
prepared Word document to merge only the entries that you select in Outlook.
However note that the field names are not all the same when starting from
Outlook as they are when starting from Word.