chris_g

Default Table Headings

When I create a table with a Heading the Heading will say appear on Page 1 on
its own. On Page 2 I have the Heading and Table and from this point onwards
it is OK. The Table rows are not allowed to break over a page and the only
way I can get the table on Page 1 along with the Heading is to split the
table shortly after it starts i.e. say after row 7 for example. If I add a
further row to it which should easily fit on the page the Table is moved from
page 1 to Page 2 and the Heading remains on its own on Page 1.
Anne Troy

It sounds like some of your text in the table has "Keep with next" or "keep
lines together" on it. If you have your Show/Hide button on, you should
easily be able to pick out the paragraph that has the setting on it.

http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"chris_g" wrote in message
When I create a table with a Heading the Heading will say appear on Page 1

on
its own. On Page 2 I have the Heading and Table and from this point

onwards
it is OK. The Table rows are not allowed to break over a page and the

only
way I can get the table on Page 1 along with the Heading is to split the
table shortly after it starts i.e. say after row 7 for example. If I add

further row to it which should easily fit on the page the Table is moved

from
page 1 to Page 2 and the Heading remains on its own on Page 1.

Bob Griendling

I am having a similar problem in that I can't get my header rows to repeat.
If I mark the row "Normal" a page break is inserted and no header row is
repeated; if I mark it "heading 1" it appears on the first page but not
subsequent pages.

I looked at the article suggesting we "Show all" but I find nothing out of
whack. Of course, I can't find anything in Word that tells me what those
marks mean.

Bob
news:70df3$42dbde38$97c5108d$9641@allthenewsgroups .com...

"chris_g" wrote in message
When I create a table with a Heading the Heading will say appear on Page
1

on
its own. On Page 2 I have the Heading and Table and from this point

onwards
it is OK. The Table rows are not allowed to break over a page and the

only
way I can get the table on Page 1 along with the Heading is to split the
table shortly after it starts i.e. say after row 7 for example. If I add

further row to it which should easily fit on the page the Table is moved

from
page 1 to Page 2 and the Heading remains on its own on Page 1.

garfield-n-odie

Bob: You should have posted a new question, instead of appending
your "me too, but not" post to someone else's question. In your
case, select the heading row(s) that you want to appear on every
page, and click on Table | Heading Rows Repeat.