Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steph

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Have you tried Tools | Unprotect Document? Or Using your Forms toolbar,
clicking on the lock icon? If the document is password protected, you will
need to know the password.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tberry tberry is offline

ok on the Forms toolbar, as stated. Sorry but I don't seem to know where the
Forms toolbar is. My toolbars are almost completely greyed out and under
tools I only have the option to "protect" not "unprotect" and it is grey.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right-click on any toolbar and choose Forms from the menu. Or use View |
Toolbars and choose it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Red Mage Red Mage is offline

Default How to unlock the project if it is locked

Please help me....

Hello to all,Strange problem no idea....

I locked MySample template Project using
Tools - Template Project Properties - Protection tab -under Lock project
group i checked the checkbox (Lock for viewing) and also the password
"mypassword" in the password fields.This way i protected the document.

Now MySample template is protected,but i need to delete a module from this
template and i have to copy a module from other template using VBA. Im able
to delete the module but im not able to copy the module....

If the MySample template is not protected with Password the following code
works....othewise it fails

Sub MacroCopy

Dim MacroName, fromfile, tofile As String
MacroName = "TestMacro"

fromfile = "C:\MacroCopy.dot"
tofile = "C:\MySample.dot"
Documents.Open FileName:=tofile, Visible:=True
Documents(tofile).Activate

'Remove the existing Module from the template
On Error Resume Next
Application.OrganizerDelete Source:=tofile, Name:=MacroName, _
Object:=wdOrganizerObjectProjectItems
'Copy the macro to the template
Application.OrganizerCopy Source:=fromfile, Destination:=tofile _
, Name:="InspectionInfo", Object:=wdOrganizerObjectProjectItems
Documents.Save NoPrompt:=True, OriginalFormat:=wdOriginalDocumentFormat

ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.Close

End Sub

what i have to do in the code so it can copy the module,eventhough it id
protected for viewing...

Thanks in Advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
g. nash g. nash is offline

I have tried to unlock the document by going to tools. My options are gray so
I am unable to click on protect document. I have deleted the document and
attempted to start a new blank document. The blank document is loacked as
well.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CEO CEO is offline

Hi I am experiencing an identical problem. I am trying to unprotect a
document, I know the password but the Unprotect function under the Tools Menu
is grey. Please help!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CEO CEO is offline

All of the icons are greyed out even on the forms toolbar. No this is not a
trial version. I have tried to do everything to unlock this document

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frustrated frustrated is offline

I have been scanning some documents and have not been having problems, but
now I'm trying to scan documents but it will not let me save copy or paste
them. I not allowed to do anything. I've tried everything still cant do
anything.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Lock/Unlock button works only if the document is protected for forms. If
some other protection is applied, or if a password is required, then you
need another procedure. If it is a password-protected form, you can remove
the protection by inserting the file into a new document.

"Oscar" wrote in message
I have tried to unlock the document even in outline view. It
won't let me unlock anything. Is there another way to solve this problem?

Oscar
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Barb is offline

I am having the same problem with everything locked. I have re-activated the
word 2003, tried opening in safe mode, everything listed so far to no avail.
My tool bars are greyed out and I am unable to do anything. IS there a fix?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Forms toolbar, as stated.

"elle" wrote in message

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BJ BJ is offline

I was trying to access permission. But it will not highlight.

"elle" wrote:

where is the lock icon

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joyce A. Johnson[_2_] Joyce A. Johnson[_2_] is offline

Hi Carol my Word document is also locked how to I unlock this...i am a
student and I have to turn in a paper into the Professsor on tomorrow
(Monday, July 20) please respond as soon as you can....

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BJ BJ is offline

Most of these areas are not available and I don't know why. Actually I was
typing on a laptop and accidentally 'DID SOMETHING" by mistake. And now
cannot add to document.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007? From your description it appears that the Office 2007 trial on
your laptop may have now expired.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change
it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shabba shabba is offline

yes
cant locate lock on toolbar

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word are you using? If it's Word 2003 or earlier, the "lock"
icon is on the Forms toolbar, as stated. If it's Word 2007, find the
Protect Document pane on the Review tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"shabba" wrote in message
yes
cant locate lock on toolbar

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Tools" should be on the *menu bar*. If it isn't, you can try the following:
Right-click any toolbar and choose Customize from the context menu. Make
sure "Save in" is set to "normal.dot." On the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar.
Click the Reset button. If/when you are prompted to save normal.dot, choose
to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laurie Laurie is offline

Are you using Office 2007?

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bbellue bbellue is offline

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sonney Sonney is offline

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redsnapper redsnapper is offline

Hello my microsoft word trial version has expired and I have my resume in
that program and I cannot even backspace or even tried to transfer it over to
my documents I really dont want to have to rewrite a new resume again I have
one already in my notepad but the one in word I really need please help and
tell me what to do

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
heathere heathere is offline

I am having the same problems as you. My documents are locked, and greyd
out....my computer came with word, so i don't have a product key, i don't
know what to do? Someone please help me.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If your computer 'came with Word' then it almost certainly came with a trial
copy of Office and that trial has now expired. If you want to continue to
use this product you will now have to buy it. If you paid extra for a retail
copy of Office then the product key is on the disc case. If you have paid
extra for Office and you don't have a disc, then take it up with the
supplier of the PC. In the meantime if you have an installed retail copy and
it is not working, have you activated it - Word Options Resources
Actiivate?

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change
it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Coghlan Brian Coghlan is offline

I think we all understand now that after 25 bypasses, the program doesn't
work unless you "buy it". The problem is, the program doesn't tell you that
you eventually have to register it (meaning you are going to need a cd key).
I, amongst many other people I presume, have my resume in Microsoft Word 2007
and often open the document just to copy it and then paste it on a website.
I can no longer do this.

Is there a way to copy this document? It lets me highlight it but not copy.
Very frustrating, its not like the program lets you know that after you close
it you can't touch anything or access anyhting you have unless you spend
money.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change
it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Ask someone with a working Word 2007 to save the document as RTF and you can
open it in a variety of appliocations, including WordPad that comes free
with Windows.

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change
it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

Steph, did you get your problem resolved? I have a similar problem. My
Microsoft applications are all locked and grayed out. I have no clue what I
could have hit or clicked to lock my applications. Can you are anyone help
me?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

If they are all locked, your trail version has probably ended and you will
have to buy product.

Yves

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis at Croton Phyllis at Croton is offline

This happened to me also a few days ago. I saved a Word document on my
desktop, then hit "X" to close and got a message: saving to Lazerfische (I
don't have access to that) and now all my Word docs can only be opened by
double click/hit open/recent docs. When it opens, I cannot edit - nor use
the scroll button and the curser seems to be stuck at a random point in the
document. Tried saving in another format-cutting & pasting and nothing
changes. We do have Lazerfische on our server - could that possibly cause a
problem?

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
janeifers janeifers is offline

I have also created a document and it has locked, how do I unlock this
document?
--
janeifers

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unprotect the document. In Word 2003, click Tools | Unprotect Document. In
Word 2007, click Stop Protection in the Restrict Formatting and Editing pane
(which you can display by clicking Developer tab | Protect Document).

On the other hand, if all documents are locked in Word, you most likely need
to activate Word or, if you are using an expired trial version, buy a full
version of Word/Office.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dc chick dc chick is offline

I was able to view my document and copy and paste it last night but when I
tried to do that this morning its saying its locked and I don't know how to
unlock it. I have windows vista and need to use my doc. asap! Can anyone
help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The document could be protected from editing. For more detailed information,
please tell us your version of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dc chick" dc wrote in message
I was able to view my document and copy and paste it last night but when I
tried to do that this morning its saying its locked and I don't know how
unlock it. I have windows vista and need to use my doc. asap! Can anyone
help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roxann Roxann is offline