Dave Rogers

Default How do I change markup text to non-markup text?

I am running under MS Windows XP, Word 2002 SP3. I have one Word file which
is listed in Explorer as a Wordpad doc.

The start of the text is normal text. But a large part of it, having been
added later than the original (and it may have been brought in from a file
originally on an HP 720 handheld), is in markup. Some of that markup is
struckthrough. All of the markup portion is faced. There is a vertical line
all the way down the left side of the markup text.

I want to make the markup text a regular, non-markup text, like the
beginning of the file. How do I do it? "Reject change/delete comment" just
deletes the highlighted markup text. "Accept change" does not work. They
all delete the text.
Dave Rogers

No, the strikethrough does not indicate an intended deletion. I want all the
text, struckthrough and not structhrough to be recovered to normal text.

More data:
If I insert some text either in the middle of the struckthough text or in
the middle of the text not struckthrough the text is blue and NOT
struckthrough.

Also, if I highlight the struckthrough text and then do a Format-Font the
strikethrough is NOT checked.

Also, there is one point in the NOT-struckthrough text where there is a
numbered list which has the numbers only in blue.

All of the NOT-struckthrough text is underlined; some of the struckthrough
text is underlined.

For all of the text in question, that I individually highlight, there is
nothing checked in the format-font window. However, if I highlight the
entire text in question the Format-Font window shows all the attributes
checked.
- Weird.

"Dave Rogers" wrote:

I am running under MS Windows XP, Word 2002 SP3. I have one Word file which
is listed in Explorer as a Wordpad doc.

The start of the text is normal text. But a large part of it, having been
added later than the original (and it may have been brought in from a file
originally on an HP 720 handheld), is in markup. Some of that markup is
struckthrough. All of the markup portion is faced. There is a vertical line
all the way down the left side of the markup text.

I want to make the markup text a regular, non-markup text, like the
beginning of the file. How do I do it? "Reject change/delete comment" just
deletes the highlighted markup text. "Accept change" does not work. They
all delete the text.

Dave Rogers

Also, at one point in the struckthrough text there is an outline of a picture
window; when I try to cut it I receive a response that "The selection is
marked as deleted text".

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming that the strikethrough indicates deletions, rejecting the change
should restore the text proposed for deletion.

"Dave Rogers" Dave wrote in message
I am running under MS Windows XP, Word 2002 SP3. I have one Word file

which
is listed in Explorer as a Wordpad doc.

The start of the text is normal text. But a large part of it, having been
added later than the original (and it may have been brought in from a file
originally on an HP 720 handheld), is in markup. Some of that markup is
struckthrough. All of the markup portion is faced. There is a vertical

line
all the way down the left side of the markup text.

I want to make the markup text a regular, non-markup text, like the
beginning of the file. How do I do it? "Reject change/delete comment"

just
deletes the highlighted markup text. "Accept change" does not work. They
all delete the text.

Which confirms my assertion that the strikethrough indicates deletions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming that the strikethrough indicates deletions, rejecting the

change
should restore the text proposed for deletion.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Dave Rogers

If the strikethrough does indicate a deletion, then how do I undelete? I
want to restore the text to normal, undeleted, non-struckthrough,
non-underlined text.