Mike Barnard

Default Basic Binder question

Hi.

For the first time I would like to use the binder function. BUT, I'm
not sure on how best to use it. When I drag an existing doc to a
binder it does not move from the file it was in originally. Therefore
am I keeping 2 copies of a letter doubling disk space? How do you
organise such a system? Create a seperate folder for the docs and
have the binders in the topmost one? Delete the originals once in the
binder?

Basic I know, but new to me. Any better resources out there to guide
me?

Thanks.

--
Regards from Mike and Jan Barnard.
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Mike and Jan,

The MS Office Binder (discontinued after Office 2000) stores
a copy of files, much in the same way you would make a copy and
place it in a real 3 ring binder.

Changes to the files in the binder and changes to the copy outside
of the binder are separate.

Can you tell us what you're trying to achieve with the binder?
That may help folks here offer better suggestions that may or
may not include the binder as the tool for organizing.

========
"Mike Barnard" wrote in message ...
Hi.

For the first time I would like to use the binder function. BUT, I'm
not sure on how best to use it. When I drag an existing doc to a
binder it does not move from the file it was in originally. Therefore
am I keeping 2 copies of a letter doubling disk space? How do you
organise such a system? Create a seperate folder for the docs and
have the binders in the topmost one? Delete the originals once in the
binder?

Basic I know, but new to me. Any better resources out there to guide
me?

Thanks.

--
Regards from Mike and Jan Barnard