Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default Follow hyperlink

We run Office 2002. When I set up a table of contents, I know there's a way
to configure Word so that I'll be taken directly to the chapter I click on in
the table of contents. Instead, I get a box that tells me to hit "Ctrl +
Click". I'm not sure where "Click" is, but at any rate I don't want to go
through the extra step. Can you please help?
Thanks.
--
Thanks for your time!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

CTRL + click means: press and hold the Ctrl key while you click the left
mouse button.

In earlier versions of Word, just clicking the left mouse button would
always follow a hyperlink. However, if you are editing text close to a
hyperlink, it is rather annoying that you risk jumping to another place in
the document if you simply want to type or edit something.

You can, however, have to old behaviour back:
Select Tools Options Edit tab and turn _off_ "Use CTRL + Click to follow
hyperlink". Note that the setting applies to all hyperlinks, not only the TOC.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Sue" wrote:

We run Office 2002. When I set up a table of contents, I know there's a way
to configure Word so that I'll be taken directly to the chapter I click on in
the table of contents. Instead, I get a box that tells me to hit "Ctrl +
Click". I'm not sure where "Click" is, but at any rate I don't want to go
through the extra step. Can you please help?
Thanks.
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And I always interpreted that as meaning that if you turned that off,
you couldn't follow a hyperlink.

"Sue" wrote:
We run Office 2002. When I set up a table of contents, I know there's a way
to configure Word so that I'll be taken directly to the chapter I click on in
the table of contents. Instead, I get a box that tells me to hit "Ctrl +
Click". I'm not sure where "Click" is, but at any rate I don't want to go
through the extra step. Can you please help?
Thanks.
--
Thanks for your time!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Perfect! Thank you so much!
--
Thanks for your time!

"Sue" wrote:

We run Office 2002. When I set up a table of contents, I know there's a way
to configure Word so that I'll be taken directly to the chapter I click on in
the table of contents. Instead, I get a box that tells me to hit "Ctrl +
Click". I'm not sure where "Click" is, but at any rate I don't want to go
through the extra step. Can you please help?
Thanks.
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

I did, too, but Frede's suggestion worked perfectly!
--
Thanks for your time!