Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kind writer/user/programmer

Default Table set to autofit in footer keeps vibrating...

Because some pages in my doc are landscape and others are portrait, I need a
footer that more or less automatically resizes: tab settings tend to create
footer that are either too narrow for one seciont or to wide for another.

I created a one row, 5-cell table defined as autofit to window so that it
would span the page margin-to-margin. This seemed marvelous at first, but it
started jumping back and forth to different sizes at about 3 cycles per
second.

So, then I tried breaking the footer links between portrait and landscape
sections, adding about 5 footers to maintain in a 90 page doc. However, this
did not resolve the auto-resize issue at all, any given footer continues to
"resize," giving the appearance of "vibrating."

How to fix this so doc displays in a stable fashion.