Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dale610 Dale610 is offline

Default Downloaded document - is it saved in a temp file?

I am using MS WOrd 2003
I received a document as an attachment in Word.
I downloaded the document, but did not save it into a new file.
I worked on the document for quite a while, making changes.
Then I saved the document. (Did not "Save As" into a new document. Just
hit save. I know, it's my fault).
Then closed the document.
Went to open it again and realized that I must have been saving the
temporary document that was opened when I downloaded the document.

Now I can't locate it anywhere.
I assume that WORD saves it as a temp file somehow. But I can't figure out
how or where. Can you help?
Thanks.
Dale
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm